CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Learning Make Me More Understanding

Teachers for science subject need to have high skills in teaching and learning process at school. This is because; students for science subject must very understanding about the fact and also in practical process in laboratory. Therefore, as a future teacher of science subject, I must prepare myself to gain as many as I can knowledge about science subject and also the important things in education which is skills that can I use in my teaching in the future.

In the beginning, I believe that in order to teach this subject at school, I must expert to show the suitable example or picture with the several explanations. If there is some topics that need students to go to the places, I will bring them to the suitable place for example Herb Garden and fish pool. For teaching process in classroom, I can divide all the students in several small groups and give some question for each group. This will make the teaching and learning process will be more interesting.

I take this action as my way in teaching and learning process because in science subject students need to understand the study with relate to the real situation. From this, students will be able to think and see with their own eyes what actually really happen. So, their understanding about those topics will increase and they can apply that to the real life.

In this semester, I take the Information, Communication and Technology in Biology course (ICT In Biology), TBC 3013 at Sultan Idris Education University. ICT in Biology is means that the biology education is deal with the use of ICT within educational technology.

From this subject I was introduced with Interactive White Board (IWB) and Notebook Software, Picasa, Cam Video, Data Logging and Discover IT, Simulation and Modeling through ICT and lastly create this e-portfolio. All of these things are new for me. I am so interested to study and learn deeply about this course. This new subject opens my mind with real education world that actually must be filled with a lot of knowledge in each aspect. I am very sure that these ICT infrastructures are important in education field especially in science education.

These ICT infrastructures can help me as teachers to teach effectively in order to make my students very understandings about what are they going to learn. Before start the teaching and learning process, I must construct the teaching and learning process which include engage, empower, enhance and extension part. This is important to me to achieve the aims of teaching and learning process at the end of the teaching. In the teaching and learning process, I can use the IWB with the module that have been created from notebook software to make the teaching and learning process more interesting. Besides, with usage of IWB the interaction between students and I will exist and this teaching and learning process will not give bored to the students. I will prepare the question but in games style and then ask student to come in front to do the question. This games style can attract student to do the question and make them more remember about what they have been learned at that day.

Sometimes, some topic cannot be seen with our naked eye and cannot be imagine with our limited thinking. But, from what I have learned in this subject, I can use simulation and modeling process through ICT to open their thinking about what my students want to learn about. However, it does not mean I am fully depending on those things. I must give them an explanation so that students will understand the new things that they have learned. This study process also suitable for explain a process that happen in different situation such as transpiration in plant. It helps me as teachers to teach them without take a long time to wait the situation of transpiration. This process also interesting. For experiment that need a result in every second, I will use the data logging procees with use data logger and discover IT software. These help students to get the accurate results and then it help me to explain to them clearly.

I can apply what I learned about Picasa and Cam Video in do the experiment. I can use the Picasa Software to edit that picture that is suitable to be shown to my students as their guidance. Besides, I will use Cam Video to record the method of an experiment and students can follow the guideline. This help the teaching and learning process to be finished in short time. With use the Picasa and Cam Video process, it can be use if I am not around at school but my students can continue their experiment under the observation of lab assistant.

As a conclusion, this course is so good to be applying at the teaching and learning process at school. So, I will use the knowledge that I have learned in the future and if I can learn more about knowledge that can make education in science more effectively, I will learn as much as I can. I know that I hold a big role as a professional in the field of education that need me to be a master in this field and help our country to be a developed country at the future with produced a useful person to replace our leading country.

0 opinion from you: